Welcome to Ain, cyclists’ paradise!
Whether you’re looking for a gentle bike ride or a cycling tour, you’re be spoilt for choice in Ain! For both beginners and seasoned cyclists, whether you’re on your own, with family or among friends, there’s something to suit all tastes (and all calves!).
- Over 2,150 miles/3,500km of on-road circuits, including 33 Ain by bike routes,
- Over 35 miles/60km of cycle paths, including the 28 mile/45km ViaRhôna track,
- Several mountain passes, such as Grand Colombier Pass,
- Many long-distance routes: the Grande Traversée du Jura on bike, for example,
- Lots of prestigious competitions: the Tour de France, Tour de l’Ain, Tour de l’Avenir and the Critérium du Dauphiné.
Take on Ain’s slopes on mountain bike!
As the weather gets warmer, the urge to get out on your mountain bike gets stronger. It’s as if Ain’s slopes were made for mountain biking, they are a real playground for amateur and seasoned riders alike!
- Over 900 miles/1,500km of circuits,
- Plenty of long-distance routes, including the Grande Traversée du Jura on mountain bike,
- Some big competitions, such as the Forestière VTT and the Cormavalanche,
- 1 enduro resort and a bike park in Cormaranche-en-Bugey with 4 downhill slopes and 5 accessible enduro slopes,
- 3 FFCT mountain biking resorts (French Federation of Cycle Tourism),
- 3 FFC mountain biking resorts (French Federation of Cycling).
Check out our Cycling Map!