Via Lyon Airport: several kilometres south-west of Ain
From Lyon Saint Exupéry International Airport:
- by coach with OuiBus from the airport to Bourg-en-Bresse;
- or by private shuttle bus from Balad’Ain to the whole region (website in French).
Via Geneva Airport: several kilometres to the East
From Geneva International Airport:
- Private shuttle service available from Balad’Ain to the whole region (website in French).
From Lyon: Regular services to Bourg-en-Bresse by regional train (TER), 40 minutes to 1 hour 10 minutes. Many stations are accessible along this line.
From Geneva: 1 hour 30 minutes to Bourg-en-Bresse by high-speed train (TGV); 25-30 minutes to Bellegarde-sur-Valserine; 58 minutes to Culoz.
From Paris: Bourg-en-Bresse is just under 2 hours from Paris by high-speed train (TGV). Bellegarde-sur-Valserine is 2 hours 40 minutes away by TGV.
Transfers from Paris to Brussels (1 hour 30 minutes) and to London (2 hours).
By Car (approximate journey times to Bourg-en-Bresse)
- From Paris: 4 hours 30 minutes via the A6 motorway (263 miles/424km)
- From Lyon: 1 hour via the A6 or A42 motorways (37 miles/60km)
- From Mâcon: 45 minutes via the A40 motorway (25 miles/40km)
- From Geneva: 1 hour 30 minutes via the A40 motorway (69 miles/111km)
- From Dijon: 1 hour 40 minutes via the A39 motorway (100miles/160km)
By bike or on foot
- Along ViaRhôna cycle and footpath, which runs through Ain, from Geneva and Lyon
- From the Jura Mountains: along the Grande Traversée du Jura (on foot and mountain bike)