Generations of know-how and diverse terrain for quality wine
Bugey’s 500 hectares of vines cover a diverse, contrasting landscape, yet its three production areas – from Cerdon to the banks of the Rhône – complement each other beautifully, producing a wide range of wines with something to please every palate.
- The Chardonnay and Roussette du Bugey are supple, round white wines with a fruity flavour;
- Reds such as the light and fragrant Gamay, the earthy and ethereal Pinot Noir, and the Mondeuse, a fruity and bright wine, will delight those looking for less complex wines;
- Rosés go down nicely during the summer months;
- The delicate and elegant Montagnieu is a sparkling white produced using traditional methods;
- And last but certainly not least: Cerdon Wine. An incredibly easy-drinking, low-alcohol, sparkling wine which is produced by the méthode ancestrale, an ancestral process of making bubbly wine. Described by wine connoisseur Jon Bonné as “the happiest wine on Earth”, it is sure to tantalise your taste buds!
From your starter through to dessert, there’s an AOC Bugey wine to go with every course!
Vineyards & Discoveries, for unforgettable, stress-free holidays and weekend breaks!
Visit cellars and vineyards, go wine-tasting and relax in a picturesque setting. Sample regional cuisine, beautifully paired with a glass of Bugey wine. Immerse yourself in the local history, or make the most of the array of leisure facilities on offer in the region…
In Bugey, around 60 different winegrowers, restaurant owners, hosts, heritage sites, event organisers and leisure activity providers have been awarded the Vineyards & Discoveries (Vignobles & Découvertes) label, the only label nationwide to guarantee high-quality services and facilities for tourists who want to discover France’s vineyards.
They will each take the time to invite you into their world, demonstrate their expertise, and introduce you to the terroir and its history.